home     |     travels     |     blog     |     links     |     contact   

When Thought goes Wild

When Thought goes Wild

Saturday, June 2, 2007

Preparing for the Journey


After having my breakfast, I went to an outdoor shop nearby to buy something for the journey, an Alpinepac Igloo 125 sleeping bag, made by self-seal interlocking polyester, which is at least half the size of my current Deuter one, then a Sea to Summit 30 litre Compression Dry Sack, that is supposed to be able to compress my cloths to half the original size, and Drylite Micro Towel. I tried to travel lighter this time, the aim is to get all neccessary stuffs into a 50 litre backpack, instead of using my old Karrimor Panther 75 litre.

Traveling light is the current trend, the lighter is the backpack, the easier to get around, we all know this, but at the time of packing, I always have the difficulty of getting it just right. Once I packed so light and realized later I was under-equipped in a freezing night. Over-packing is equally bad, the weight and size will absorb some fun out of the trip, and attract too much attention by shouting out loud the message --- hey, I'm new here!


This is the Compression Dry Sack with The North Face Triclimate Parka, and a few clothings inside, it forces air out through the eVENT fabric, which is permeable to air, but waterproof, and reduces the original size to half.

No comments: